Blood Transfusion Services
Blood Banks in Nagaland
- Model Blood Bank with Blood Component Separation Unit, Dimapur.
- Major Blood Bank , NHAK, Kohima
- District level Blood Bank, Mokokchung
- District level Blood Bank, Tuensang
- District level Blood Bank, Zunheboto
- District level Blood Bank, Wokha
- District level Blood Bank, Mon
- District level Blood Bank, Phek
Licensed Blood Banks in Nagaland
|Sl.no||Track ID||Name of the Blood Bank||Address 1||District||State||Type of blood banks||Annual collection|
|1||NG002||District Hospital Dimapur, Nagaland||District Hospital Dimapur,||Dimapur||Nagaland||Model Blood Bank||6462|
|2||NG007||Blood Bank Dr. Imkongliba, Mokokchung||Dr. Imkongliba Memorial District, Mokokchung||Mokokchung||Nagaland||District Level Blood Bank||844|
|3||NG008||Blood Bank, Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima||Blood Bank, Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima||Kohima||Nagaland||Major Blood Bank||1749|
- Blood Transportation van: Kohima and Dimapur (1 each attached to blood bank)
- Regional Blood Transfusion Centres at Dimapur (Mon, Peren and Dimapur), Kohima (Wokha, Phek , Kiphire and Kohima) and Mokokchung (Tuensang, Zunheboto, Mokokchung and Longleng)
- Blood Storage Centre: CHC Medzephema, Dimapur, CHC Jalukie, Peren, District Hospital Peren, District Hopsital Kiphire, CHC, Pungro; Kiphire, CHC, Noklak; Tuensang, CHC Bhandari;Wokha and District Hospital , Longleng.
- Voluntary Blood Donor Association formed in 6 districts namely Kohima, Dimapur, Mokokchung, Peren , Tuensang and Zunheboto.
Activities conducted in 2016-17
There are 8 (eight) NACO supported Blood Banks in Nagaland, 1 (one) Major Blood Bank in Kohima, 1 (one) Model Blood Bank with Blood Component Separation Unit (BCSU) in Dimapur and the rest District level Blood Banks are Mokokchung, Phek, Tuensang, Wokha, Mon and Zunheboto functioning in the state. There are 2 (two) Blood Transfusion Vans (BTV) which are attached to Kohima and Dimapur Blood Banks. These BTVs assist in transportation of blood from the voluntary blood donation camps to the Blood Banks. The state has 3 (three) Regional Blood Transfusion Centers in Kohima, Dimapur and Mokokchung to monitor the Blood Banks in their respective zones. For the promotion of voluntary blood donation, Voluntary Blood Donor Associations are formed in Kohima, Dimapur, Mokokchung, Zunheboto, Tuensang, peren and Mon. The state has 8 (eight) Blood Storage Centers under National Health Mission (NHM) to store tested blood where there is no Blood Bank namely – CHC Medziphema, CHC Jalukie, District Hospital, Peren, District Hospital, Kiphire, CHC, Pungro, CHC Noklak, Tuensang, CHC Bandari, Wokha and District Hospital, longleng.
Blood Collection Status Report from April 2016 to March 2017
|State Level Blood Collection Status|
|Total Voluntary Collection||Voluntary at Blood Banks||6846||8577||63.90%||80.06%||HIV +ve||25||0.23|
|4||No. of VBD camps||60||85.71%||VDRL||6||0.06|
|5||Average collection per Camp||29||57.70%||Malaria||21||0.20|