Adolescent Education Programme
The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) has rolled out the AEP program from class 5-8 since 2005 and Nagaland Board of School Education (NBSE) has rolled out the AEP since 2007 from class 9-12.
- Enhance knowledge level of adolescents to facilitate informed decisions with regard to Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health (ARSH).
- Strengthen life-skills for translation of knowledge into responsible actions, enabling young people to protect themselves from and to cope with risky situations they encounter in their lives and
- Prevent new infections of HIV and AIDS among youth.
- Adolescence education at schools in a sustained manner
- Development of structured curriculum for education on ARSH
- Integration of curriculum by every school across the country
During the Financial Year 2017 – 18, training of teachers on Adolescence Education Programme (AEP) with the B.Ed and M.Ed students of State College of Teacher Education, Kohima; Modern Institute of Teacher Education, Kohima; and URA Academy of Teacher Education, Kohima were conducted. The participants includes both in service (Govt. Teacher) and Pre service teachers.
State College of Teacher Education, Kohima: 24th November, 2017
The objective of the training was highlighted by Mr. Ainato Yeptho, Asst. Director (Youth Affairs) NSACS and the Nodal Officer of RRC gave the welcome address. Altogether fifty nine (59) attended the training programme.Resources Persons were: Dr. Asünü Sakhrie, District T.B. Officer, Kohima, Dr. Victoria Seb Khing, Medical Officer, VFC Kohima, Ms. Metevinuo Sakhrie, Joint Director (IEC).
URA College of Teacher Education, Kohima: 16th of March 2018
The programme started with welcome address from Dr. Etsemo Lotha, Principal, UCTC. The objective of the training was highlighted by Mr. Ainato Yeptho, Asst. Director (Youth Affairs). IEC Materials on HIV & AIDS were distributed. Altogether One hundred eighty (180) attended the training programme. 14 (Fourteen) trainees came forward for voluntary HIV Testing. Resources Persons were: Ms. Metevinuo Sakhrie, Joint Director (IEC) NSACS, Dr. Mehokhu Zao, SMO, ARTC NHAK, Kohima, Mrs. Thejangunuo Theunuo, Dy. Director (IEC), NSACS, Mr. Shan Ezung, Program Officer, Vihaan, and Mr. Tribhuwan Lama, Counsellor, Kripa Foundation, Kohima.
Modern Institute of Teacher Education, Kohima: 23rd of March, 2018
The programme started with a welcome note by Mr. Devanand Sinha Principal MITE Kohima. The objective of the program was presented by Mr. Ainato Yeptho, Asst.Director (Youth Affairs) NSACS. All together 82 participants attended the training. Resources Persons were: Dr. Asünü Sakhrie, District TB Officer, Kohima, Ms. Metevinuo Sakhrie, Jt. Director (IEC) NSACS. Mrs. Thejangunuo Theunuo, Dy. Director (IEC) NSACS, Mrs. Mushem, Out Reach Worker KNP+, Mr. Bange Konyak, Counselor at Kripa Rehabilitation Centre Kohima .
Suggestions & feedbacks:
- Teachers from various institutions agreed to impart the AEP programme to the students in their respective schools.
- To organize AEP training in schools involving Parents, Staff & Students.
HIV Test : 14
- Sensitization programme on HIV & AIDS was held on 27th Oct, 2017 organized by Chief Medical Officer Office, Dimapur, with the Government School Teachers of Dimapur district. Altogether 70 teachers from different schools attended the programme. The resource person for the programme was Dr. Lanuakum, MO DIO; Dr. C. Tetso, DTCP; and Mr. Temsuyanger Aier, M&E DAPCU. The programme was chaired by Dr. Antoly Suu, Dy. CMO /DACO.
- Lanuakum, DIO shared on the topic of Immunization and iron folic.
- C. Tetso, MO, DTCP shared on Tobacco prevention and the harmful effect of tobacco.
- Temsuyanger Aier, M&E DAPCU shared on the basic of HIV/AIDS and presented the scenario of Nagaland and Dimapur.
- DAPCU Dimapur conducted an awareness programme on Tobacco and the basic of HIV & AIDS at St.Paul Higher secondary school, Dimapur on 23th May 2017.
- DAPCU Kohima conducted a sensitization program on HIV & AIDS with the Students of Baptist High school, Kohima( Class 11 and Class 12 students).