Mass media played an important role in disseminating information to the general population through audio, video, newspaper advertisements, etc.
AUDIO & VIDEO
- 546 TV spots were telecast on local cables every Saturday/Sunday at prime time in 6 districts: Kohima, Dimapur, Mokokchung, Longleng, Phek and Wokha.
- 39 long format TV programs were telecast every Sunday at 5:30 P.M on Doordarshan Kendra Kohima.
- 274 audio spots were aired on All India Radio Kohima everyday at 7:20 AM/7:10 P.M.
- 39 long format radio programs were aired on All India Radio Kohima every Tuesday at 6: 45 PM.
30 advertisements were published in local newspapers: Nagaland Post, Morung Express, Eastern Mirror, Nagaland Page, Tir Yimyim and Capi.
- ART: 29th July 2016
- ICTC: 17th July 2016
- PPTCT: 14th August 2016
- EID: 18th September 2016.
- Voluntary Blood Donation: 1st October 2016.
- STI: 16th October 2016
- World AIDS Day: 1st December 2016
NEW PRODUCTION OF AUDIO AND TV PROGRAMS – During 2016-17 creative agencies were hired for production of 8 new audio programs & spots and 10 TV Programs.
|8 Audio Programs & 8 Spots||10 TV Programs|
|Antiretroviral Therapy (ART)||Antiretroviral Therapy (ART)|
|Condom and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)||Condom and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)|
|Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT)||Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT)|
|Red Ribbon Club (RRC)||Red Ribbon Club (RRC)|
|Integrated Counseling and Testing Centres (ICTC)||Integrated Counseling and Testing Centres (ICTC)|
|Early Infant Diagnosis (EID)||Early Infant Diagnosis (EID)|
|Blood donation||Blood donation|
|Basics of HIV||Basics of HIV|
|Stigma and Discrimination|
|Targeted Intervention (TI) and Opiod Substitution Therapy (OST)|