Blood Transfusion Services
Blood Transfusion Service
Blood Transfusion Services comes under the purview of Nagaland State Blood Transfusion Council (NSBTC) & Nagaland State AIDS Control Society (NSACS).
Nagaland has 8 (eight) Blood Banks:
- 1 (one) Model Blood Bank with BCSU in Dimapur
- 1 (one) Major Blood Bank in Kohima
- 6 (six) districts blood banks in Mokokchung, Tuensang, Phek, Mon, Zunheboto and Wokha.
- 3 (three) Regional Blood Transfusion Centers (RBTC), namely Kohima, Dimapur & Mokokchung.
- 2 Blood Transportation Vans (Dimapur & Kohima)
Out of these, NACO Support only 3 (three) blood banks in FY 2019-20, i.e MBB in Kohima, BCSU in Dimapur and DLBB in Mokokchung. There are 2 (two) Blood Transfusion Vans (BTV) attached to Kohima and Dimapur Blood Banks. These BTVs assist in transportation of blood from the Voluntary Blood Donation camps to the Blood Banks. The state has 3 (three) Regional Blood Transfusion Centers in Kohima, Dimapur and Mokokchung to monitor the Blood Banks in their respective zones. Voluntary Blood Donor Associations are formed in Kohima, Dimapur, Mokokchung, Zunheboto, Tuensang, Peren and Mon for the promotion of Voluntary Blood Donation.