Universal and routine access to quality assured HIV related laboratory services are made available through the activities of Laboratory Services Division. It is recognized that work related to laboratory services are not confined to HIV testing, but are overarching and have an impact on other interventions included under prevention, care, support and treatment, and supply chain management. Emphasis on quality assured laboratory service delivery is important to the success of NACP.
To ensure quality of HIV testing under the NACP, NACO has an External Quality Assessment Programme administered to all HIV testing laboratories. The HIV testing laboratories are arranged in a tiered manner with apex laboratory (NARI, Pun) at the very top. 13 National Reference Laboratories (NRLs) and 117 State Reference Laboratories (SRLs) form the two subsequent tiers of the laboratory framework and are involved in supervision of testing in all peripheral testing centers (ICTCs).
The testing activities of 10 CD4 testing laboratories, and 10 Viral Load Blood collection centres in Nagaland under the NACO umbrella are supervised by the Laboratory Services Division.
Major activities of Laboratory Services Division:
- Accreditation of HIV testing Laboratories and State Reference Laboratories.
- Establishing and improving Quality Management Systems in CD4 testing laboratories, and ICTCs.
- External Quality Assurance Programme for HIV testing laboratories.
- CD4 testing for initiation and monitoring of patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Viral Load testing for second line ART
- Training of laboratory personnel.
Activities of Lab services, Nagaland State AIDS Control Society
- National Accreditation Board for testing and calibration of Laboratories (NABL):
The following Laboratories are accredited by NABL
- State Reference Laboratory, Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK).
- State Reference Laboratory, District Hospital Dimapur (DHD).
- ICTC, PPTCT, CD4 Lab at NHAK Kohima.
- ICTC, PPTCT, CD4 Lab at DHD Dimapur.
- External Quality Assurance Scheme (EQAS) Reverse testing:
Quarterly all the ICTCs sends 20% positive and 5% negative samples collected during first week of the month (January, April, July, October).
- External Quality Assurance Scheme (EQAS) Proficiency testing:
Conducts bi annually where SRL sends blind samples to all the ICTCs. ICTC reports back to SRL within 7 days.
- Induction Training:
Induction Training for the newly appointed Laboratory Technician at the respective SRL for 7 days.
- Quality Management System (QMS):
26 ICTCs under 5 districts ie., Mokokchung, Dimapur, Kohima, Wokha, Tuensang received certification in QMS with 5 star grade from NACO.
- CD4 Testing:
Performing CD4 test in all the Anti Retroviral Treatment Centers (ARTC).
- Viral Load Testing:
Sample collection for HIV 1 Viral Load in all 10 ARTCs through Public Private Partnership (PPP).
- Address for SRL Kohima and SRL Dimapur,
|SRL Kohima||SRL Dimapur|
I/C SRL Kohima
Department of Microbiology
Naga Hospital Authority Kohima:797001
|Dr. T. Temsu Ao
I/C SRL Dimapur
District Hospital Dimapur:797112