Blood Transfusion Services
Blood Transfusion Service
Blood Transfusion Services comes under the purview of Nagaland State Blood Transfusion Council (NSBTC) & Nagaland State AIDS Control Society (NSACS). The Blood Transfusion Services (BTS) and National Blood Transfusion Council has been transitioned out from National ADIS Control Organisation (NACO) since FY 2021-22 to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) as per the directions and approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
Nagaland has 8 (eight) Blood Banks:
- 1 (one) Model Blood Bank with BCSU in Dimapur
- 1 (one) Major Blood Bank in Kohima
- 6 (six) districts blood banks in Mokokchung, Tuensang, Phek, Mon, Zunheboto and Wokha.
- 3 (three) Regional Blood Transfusion Centers (RBTC), namely Kohima, Dimapur & Mokokchung.
- 2 Blood Transportation Vans (Dimapur & Kohima)
Voluntary Blood Donor Associations are formed in Kohima, Dimapur, Mokokchung, Zunheboto, Tuensang, Peren and Mon for the promotion of Voluntary Blood Donation.